We had in the past a very bad bursting of a toilet pipe, which damaged significantly everything below (entire basement).

We saw on the TV "Ask This Old House" a device which would stop the flooding, called "AUTOMATIC WATER SHUT OFF VALVE".

We are trying purchase it on the internet to no avail.

If you know where to get it, please let us know.

Many thanks,

Dinu Ghezzo