+ Reply to Thread

Default Paint'n my pickup

Well it’s no award winner but I still remember it well.

A long time ago I owned a little green hot rod Chevy pickup truck that I very much admired and kept spotless. I had a brand new house with all white walls and the wife insisted we start painting.

Off I went to the home center and put several gallons of paint in the back of my truck.

I had a few other stops to make and kind of forgot about the paint.

Let’s just say that I drove that pickup a little differently than I drive today. I had the stereo cranking out some rock and roll and was driving pretty fast around the corners. I stopped at a traffic light and these two guys pulled up next to me both having quite the gut buster of a laugh while looking my direction. I didn’t think much of it and rolled on home, pulling up and parking in the drive way. I walked around to get the paint only to see paint pouring out from under the tail gate…………………….. It was then that I realized why the guy’s were laughing. The cans had been rolling around in the back of that bed, the tops had all popped off and there was latex paint everywhere. Mauve paint all over my pretty little truck.

Default Re: Paint'n my pickup

I had a similar incident, though mine came from bouncing across some railroad tracks. Someone pulled up next to me at a light to inform me I had something dripping from the rear of my truck, yup, you guessed it a gallon of paint had popped it's lid. In my case, the truck bed was lined with a pull-out drawer system with tools and things along side it. It took 2 hours to unload the entire truck, clean everything affected, and put the truck back together. Not something I had planned on doing at 7pm after a long day in the field. On the positive side, the back of the truck was nice and clean and reorganized.

Default Re: Paint'n my pickup

HHHMMMMMM.....
    A new method for me to try next time. The last time I painted the bed of my '87 "Fred Sanford" Ford, I used a roller. I could have been multi-tasking and ran errands while painting!