+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thumbs down Re: Electrolux Appliances

Please listen to me and never buy Electrolux Appliances. Remodeled our kitchen in April and May, We installed a new Electrolux Refridge/Electric stove/dishwasher/mwave. So far the Refidge is the 3rd one. First one the ice maker died and the water dispenser stopped working. Then the led lights on the display started dieing. The control stops to restrict the french doors never worked. The service man was out three times and after multiple trips basicly gave up trying to fix it ( I think since he could not) So he called the place we bought the unit and they sent us a new one. That one came with a dent in the door, now we have the third one which the water dispenser is less sensitive and my wife states is on its way out. Over the weekend the oven went into SF mode and refused to work. I called however the Electrolux help line is closed over the weekend so I am cooking my 1 year olds food on my gas grill outside. The Dishwasher leaves the powder in the dispenser so we gave up on that and just put the powder on the door so it works. Th mwave works well, of course the least expensive unit. Big investment and a even bigger disappointment. I may be forced to buy extnded service agreements out of fear!

Default Re: Electrolux Appliances

We just bought all new appliances Labor Day weekend and had to return the refrigerator 3 times because of damage or broken (the 4th one never made it out of the store as it was so damaged). By the way its a Whirlpool **** the top of the line 3-door freezer on bottom very very expensive. Now thinking to switiching it out for the Elextrolux top of line wanting to know if it is the smarter choice.. any suggestions, because I am fed up with Whirlpool. The entire time we had the one in the house it had so much condensation building up on the door seals and this is only 30 some days, I can't think about months of headachs.

I just purchased an Electrolux wave touch range from Lowes. It costs $150 for the service contract to extend the warranty for 4 years. Is it worth it?

Smile Re: Electrolux Appliances

Quote Originally Posted by BraytonAK View Post
    I have a Kenmore slide-in induction range that's built by Electrolux. The range was assembled in Canada. I had to remove the control panel to re-connect the ribbon cable that connects the controller to the oven sensors. After that the error code stopped randomly appearing on the display. Other than that, it has been fine. It's built like a tank (and is about as heavy as one).

The only, Only, ONLY thing I don't like about the range...actually, I despise it, is the searing blue LED clock. It illuminates my entire kitchen in the evening, and every time a number changes, it catches your attention out the corner of your eye. The power-level indicators are also blue (meh), but there are other display portions that are red or orange. Due to the design, you can't even open the clock to place something over it to darken or conceal it.
    Hello,
    You could always set the controls to Sabbath mode. That way nothing will appear on the unit until the panel is touched....

Regards,
    Peter.

I have enormous experience with electrolux appliances. After living and working in Europe for a decade - I was familar with the brand and like the sleek styling. When we re-did our kitchen in Boston in 2008 decide to go with all electrolux. Seemed like nice high end stuff - range; microwave; diswasher and side by side refrigerator.

The refrigerator has been a DISASTER ! After about 6 months - the ice and water in the door stopped working. The manufacturer advised me to first replace the air then water filters - which I dutifully did. No luck. 9 service calls later (by moderately incompetent technitians) the manufacturer agreed to replace the refrigerator.

I won't bore you with all the details - but - it happened again - and - after first replacing the door - they replaced the refrigerator a second time.

Guess what ? It's happening again !!! The manufacter simply relies on their local authorized reps to service these. The service reps are clearly not well paid and therefore overbook - often don't show and round we go.

All other appliances look and work great. Their refrigerators STINK ! And, there after sales service is even worse !!!

I've had a similar experience. Agreed, not good at all!

Thumbs down Re: Electrolux Appliances

Purchased S/S Icemaker Wave Touch Fridge, matching stove, dishwasher and microwave last June and would like to caution the community that these appliances are not worth the price point. I would much rather have my last set back.... the manufacturer claims the fridge makes ice faster which 8 months after the repair, sadly two large glasses is the max until the next day. Dishwasher -at least washing dishes by hand they're clean ...

I have an E-lux counter depth French door fridge. We've only had it a few months but so far so good; it's pretty, it's quiet, it holds the temperature accurately and well. But I have no idea about any other E-lux appliances.

I have experience with Electrolux appliances and it has not been very pleasant. I built a new house last year and spent over $10K to buy 4 new Electrolux appliances. Refrigerator. Cook Top, Double Oven and Dishwasher. 2 of them failed in the first six month, and the dishwasher waited until it was just outside of the warranty and it failed as well.
    Electrolux would not step up on the dishwasher so I am very unhappy eith the products. Also, the dishwasher never really cleaned very well.

We also bought 2 Dacor products at the same time, and those have performed wonderfully.

I never buy extended warranties, but if you buy Electrolux, you had better buy the extended warranty or you may be soory