Have a plumbing issue that I need to get taken care of - saw this on Ask this Old House but forgot how to resolve it:

The cold water in our house is not as cold - kind of lukewarm - as it should be. Richard changed some type of valve and took care of the problem but does anyone know the name of this valve so I can take care of it.