+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Driveway "bump"

Default Driveway "bump"

We've lived hear for 30 years. All of a sudden, this "bump" appears in the driveway. There is a Sycamore tree about 18 to 20 feet away. Do you think a root is trying to come to the surface? It wouldn't have anything to do with our Cespool pipe would it? Nothing else is under there. Suggestions?
    Thanks, Fred
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PB230356 - Copy.jpg 
Views:	92 
Size:	12.6 KB 
ID:	2973   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	PB230357 - Copy.jpg 
Views:	81 
Size:	14.7 KB 
ID:	2974  

Default Re: Driveway "bump"

It could be the tree root. It could also be frost heave if you live in a climate that gets cold.

Thanks, the frost heave would only be after freezing temps though. We haven't had any of them yet. I guess it's the root - after 30 years me being here. The tree is 46 years old though. Good thing it's an old driveway and needs replacing anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by lowmileage View Post
    Thanks, the frost heave would only be after freezing temps though. We haven't had any of them yet. I guess it's the root - after 30 years me being here. The tree is 46 years old though. Good thing it's an old driveway and needs replacing anyway.
    Was Tiger Woods in your driveway lately?
    How about the Ms. Woods and the nine iron as well?

I have heard about this happening a lot in NY. I lived in Brooklyn for a while and we had issues with our driveway and plumbing - the roots were always making problems. Unfortunately for you, it could happen again, even after you get the new driveway. Good luck.
    _________
    Networx.com
    We provide the latest information on how to fix, renovate, and decorate your house using the least amount of resources for the best value.