+ Reply to Thread

Cool Choosing a paint color frightens me!!

Hi, I have a very large kitchen but I don't have many windows to let in natural light. As of this point, my cabinets are very dark stain and I need to lighten it up. I am not a yellow person but have seen yellow in some homes that look really nice, plus it really brightens things up too. Any suggestions for a yellow or other colors, I don't think I want to do white.
    Thanks,

Default Re: Choosing a paint color frightens me!!

A suggestion : You can buy a color design cdrom,or go ****** for colour consultation services, and compare colors BEFORE you paint
    1)take a digital photo of your kitchen, 2)select a color from
    the website, or let the color design experts make a suggestion
    For instance, see http://www.swatchit.cafor more info

Apparently it frightens my wife also. I have been waiting since April for her to pick a color for the LR/DR and for a month for the kitchen.

Not that it bothers me much, I mean the worst thing that happens to me is I don't have to paint!!

Thanks for the tip. I will give it a shot since winter is around the corner, I need something to do.

Choose a color ... then paint maybe just one wall .... if you don't like it ... choose another one then paint again.

Or ...

Try getting a piece of drywall ... pick some colors you might like and get 1 quart cans for samples to put on the test piece.

That's the advantage of paint.

I've seen people that have color samples taped to the wall for years ( in some cases) and haven't been able to decide.
    Last edited by canuk; 10-23-2007 at 10:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by canuk View Post
    I've seen "people" that have color samples taped to the wall for years ( in some cases) and haven't been able to decide.
    Ok, that's enough about your house ...

Quote Originally Posted by A. Spruce View Post
    Ok, that's enough about your house ...
    How many times have I told you to quit peeking in .... that's it gotta keep the blinds closed.

Quote Originally Posted by canuk View Post
    How many times have I told you to quit peeking in .... that's it gotta keep the blinds closed.
    Who has to peek in when the exterior is a wonderful kaleidescope of swatches?

Quote Originally Posted by A. Spruce View Post
    Who has to peek in when the exterior is a wonderful kaleidescope of swatches?
    Ah ... Sprucey ... that's that look I'm going for ... eclectic ... or it's cheaper than buying paint.

This may not be as easy as it sounds, but ask an interior decorator there suggestion. We work with an interior decorator often and am amazed at the choices she makes after looking over a house one time. There is zero chance that I would be able to pick the colors she choses but they're always perfect. Maybe a friend of a friend knows a decorator. Show them a picture and get some advice. Also, talk to an experienced paint store employee. They know what's popular and they'll no what you need to stay away from. The key is "experienced" employee. Last resort, ask my wife, she picks out all ours.