+ Reply to Thread

Default Selecting an energy efficient screen/storm door for a historical 1880's house

Dear TOH Experts,
    I have been looking around locally for advice on how to pick modern screen/storm doors that would look as close to vintage period doors, as replacement units on my circa 1880's house. I realize that energy efficient door replacements would be aluminum, and 1880's doors were wood, but I am just looking for the closest thing. Unfortunately, I'm rather new at this internet game and I don't know how to scan the pictures I took of my house entry doors and old screen/storm doors (which my father no doubt installed in 1947 when he bought the house), and upload or attach them to this E-mail. I didn't notice a written address to send the pictures to you to better help me in my quest, but there probably is. Can you help me????
    Thank you very much for you time and consideration in this matter.

Sincerely,

Charlie Hettrick
    chaz84919@aol.com
    Last edited by Charlie Hettrick; 10-22-2007 at 01:54 PM. Reason: left out a comma for clarification

Default Re: Selecting an energy efficient screen/storm door for a historical 1880's house

As I said in my previous thread, I'm new at this internet game. I don't know how to get pictures into my computer, let alone know how to attach them. So far, this is way too advanced for me. Is there a place I can write an actual letter, like the good old days, so I can include the pictures as well????

Default Re: Selecting an energy efficient screen/storm door for a historical 1880's house

Thanks for the info. I'll get someone to help me learn how to get pictures into my computer. I have a scanner/printer device, but according to the book if I'm reading it correctly, I have to scan the pictures on to a memory card, then transfer the card images to the computer. It doesn't appear that I can directly send them to the computer. Maybe that's a direct function of Photoshop, which I don't have. So I don't think I have to use an outside service. After I figure out how to do all this, I'll get back to you with pictures and details. I have a couple more pictures, but they're a little too large to upload for the dpi I used. Hope I did it right.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Front Door Pictures0001.jpg 
Views:	88 
Size:	8.6 KB 
ID:	347   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Front Door Pictures0004.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	8.4 KB 
ID:	348  
    Last edited by Charlie Hettrick; 11-03-2007 at 08:55 AM. Reason: Add Pictures

Charlie,
    I think you will find wood doors are more energy efficient than aluminum doors. You might want to take a look at these Victorian Wood Doors or Cumberland Victorian Doors or Vinyl Victorian Screen Doors .
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb