+ Reply to Thread

Question Warped interior door

I am decorating an attic bedroom, stripping all the doors and trim back to the wood. (My new Speedheater, as seen on TOH, is doing a great job!).
    The door to the room is a solid wood door with ply panels ans it is warped - the top corner on the side that opens is twisted may be 2 inches into the room.
    As I have it off to strip and paint anyway, is there a smart way to remove the warping?

Default Re: Warped interior door

It sounds like the door is really twisted out of shape if it is 2 inches out. Has it always been like this or is it a recent thing? I think it may be difficult if not impossible to get it back into shape without maybe taking it all apart and replacing the warped piece(s). If you wanted to try putting it on something flat and weighting it or clamping it flat it could possibly come back but it would have to be left for a long time and even at that it probably wouldn’t flatten out to much or would eventually warp again. If the door is not anything that you need to keep you could just replace the door itself and reuse the jamb. A local lumber yard would probably be able to match the door pretty close. Good luck in your project.