+ Reply to Thread

Cool Crown Molding and Acoustic Popcorn ceiling

Is there an easier way to put up crown molding without scrapping acoustic popcorn off the whole ceiling? I scrapped the depth of the popcorn off in the livingroom a few years ago, (it seemed so much easier) then put up the molding and it looked real good. But this time I'm having a harder time with it...any suggestions?
    Last edited by Zwoodman; 11-22-2009 at 02:48 PM.

Default Re: Crown Molding and Acoustic Popcorn ceiling

Quote Originally Posted by Zwoodman View Post
    Is there an easier way to put up crown molding without scrapping acoustic popcorn off the whole ceiling? I scrapped the depth of the popcorn off in the livingroom a few years ago, (it seemed so much easier) then put up the molding and it looked real good. But this time I'm having a harder time with it...any suggestions?
    It really depends on how heavy the popcorn is. Is the popcorn the small styro balls mixed in ?
    Ive installed plenty of crown with popcorn texture,once in a while you may need to sc**** some down in different areas not past the front of the crown. Look in the link below,I use a small pry bar like this to scrap some of the heavy popcorn down in areas if I feel its going to give me a problem. If your using a trim nail gun the crown will suck up pretty tight to the ceiling if you hit something solid. If the crown's going to be painted and caulked you will be ok. If its stained the thats another story if the tectures real heavy.

http://www.amazon.com/Hyde-Tools-456...ref=pd_cp_hi_1

http://www.amazon.com/Hyde-Tools-456...ref=pd_cp_hi_1
    Gizmo

Cut it 3 times & it's still to short.
    Inventor of the Miter Master Plus.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content