+ Reply to Thread

Question no pressure bath sink

i have zero water pressure in bath sink hot or cold.tub and toilet are fine .what can i do to find the problem?

Default Re: no pressure bath sink

have you removed the aerator and cleaned it lately?
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

If the aerator is clean, then it could be larger debris stuck inside the valve. Before going any further, however, another simple check is to make sure the supply lines have been fully turned on. Open them all the way counter clockwise, then back in about a 1/4 turn.

Still have a problem? Turn off supply, disassemble valves and check for debris or damage. Clean, repair, or replace as necessary. It may help to Google your faucet and find the manufacturer's repair guide and exploded view of the faucet.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Not to hijack your thread but I am looking at purchasing an older home and have found that you can not run both showers at the same time or the water pressure drops to nothing. Is this an indication of clogged water supply lines somewhere in the house. Thanks.

Smile Re: no pressure bath sink

Yep, it sounds like a plugged aerator to me, either clean it, or simply buy a new one, if it has been on the faucet for many years. Sometimes the screens corrode shut, so cleaning can be hopeless.

Enjoy your Christmas.

New aerators are less than $10. You should see if this helps or but one just to have at hand in your home.

_________
    Find local, licensed plumbers