+ Reply to Thread

Question Threshold from Dining room to Kitchen 2"

The kitchen is an addition to an old home. When I had a new kitchen floor put in and they leveled the floors, there is now a 2" threshold from the dining room into the kitchen. It is really a tripping hazzard. Is there a product or something I can have installed that can make this a safer ?

Default Re: Threshold from Dining room to Kitchen 2"

Quote Originally Posted by emf01 View Post
    The kitchen is an addition to an old home. When I had a new kitchen floor put in and they leveled the floors, there is now a 2" threshold from the dining room into the kitchen. It is really a tripping hazzard. Is there a product or something I can have installed that can make this a safer ?

We call that a tripper in the trade..I don't know of any product out there..how wide is the threshhold? If its wall deep...approx 4 1/2" then you could have a piece of wood made up that starts at the highest point of 2" or whatever ist is EXACTLY and have it beveled down to nothing and create more of a ramp than a step. This still doesnt completely solve the problem but it cuts it in half I'd think.
    Hidden Content
    ॐשָׁלו

Default Re: Dining Room Threshold

I think short ramps & even longer shallow ramps can be a real tripping hazard also especially when your not expecting them. These small ramps are also uncomfortable. I'm sorry but there is no real good answer on this one.