+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fwiw

Default Fwiw

Hi gang,

Was able to stop home for a while in the summer and while I not only found I was now promoted to newbie to this forum, the kids also said...hey pop, while you've been away we pretty much have our own following now, so no reno duty available for you to tinker with!

So, I found one on my own and one man and a pick up rode again! For an old fart I'm kind of tickled with how it turned out. Thats real T&G bead on the walls, built up top cap, built up base and a wood register in place of originalsteel one! The little cabinet was a nice touch too. I left out the in betweens but the entire wet wall came out as the plumbing and electrical were all in the wrong place, and so did the floor.

Had the eldest stop in on sign off day and his comment was a frown followed by....you just had to go with the returns on ALL the mouldings,even the dinky ones, eh?

So now I'm back in the hinterland...still going verical!

So sorry to hijack a thread right off the bat, but humor me, for all those younguns like my kids who think us old farts are over the hill! Pix follow
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN2703.jpg 
Views:	225 
Size:	10.7 KB 
ID:	277   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN2826.jpg 
Views:	209 
Size:	9.1 KB 
ID:	278   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN2830.jpg 
Views:	236 
Size:	9.4 KB 
ID:	279   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCN2827CU.JPG 
Views:	196 
Size:	4.9 KB 
ID:	280  
    Last edited by wooddoctor; 10-17-2007 at 02:16 AM.

Default Re: Fwiw

HA!
    Great, I mean GREAT! to hear from you.

It's a little different here at the new site but it's a good kind of different.

Good to see you agian, Doc! How's things on the other side of the planet?

Things on this side of the planet are still totally unreal!

For what I thought was a 'one shot' at a big project out in the hinterland that had maybe a year in it, it just keeps going and going and going like the energizer bunny!

This little city has now decided to build a new train station and it looks like it belongs at an airport, and then one day they just decided there were too many doglegs in the road coming into town, so broke out the bulldozers and bada-bing...made a stright line 6 lane road to the downtown!

There is so much building going on that the claypit brickyards just can't keep up and here everything is masonry, so the newer buildings are starting to use some new fangled thing, concrete block...lol Funny, once they found blocks don't crumble and it was really cool having these things called cores to run stuff through rather than jackahammer a groove in the finished brick,thye decided it was better than bricks.

Then, some bright young soul started a factory that makes gray brick...haha...concrete!

Kent...don't know if I told you this before, but after finding out that those radio shack voltage convertors only start to put out like 60V after a few months of use, they had a brainstorm. One of the engineers decided diode convertors were bad, iron core wire wound were better. So now, wherever I go there is an assistant that follows me around with a dolly hand truck, and a small refrigerator sized transformer....lol Works for them! Now I need to use a few 110 devices just because I don't have the heart to tell them I've pretty much gone 220 across the board...lol

Quote Originally Posted by wooddoctor View Post
    Kent...don't know if I told you this before, but after finding out that those radio shack voltage convertors only start to put out like 60V after a few months of use, they had a brainstorm. One of the engineers decided diode convertors were bad, iron core wire wound were better. So now, wherever I go there is an assistant that follows me around with a dolly hand truck, and a small refrigerator sized transformer....lol Works for them! Now I need to use a few 110 devices just because I don't have the heart to tell them I've pretty much gone 220 across the board...lol
    What is it? Something like a 45kVA? Now that is funny! What did they do mount some duplex receptacles to the side of it? HA! I can just picture that.

Kent,

Dunno the size, will look at nameplate when get the chance.

Yep, they just punched and filed a receptacle in the case. Chinese receptacles are 220 20A V slot...and done in a way that parallel plug tines also fit so the american plugs work...

Well, Doc, we old farts and old biddies have to stick together, don't we. I just got back from a 2-week cruise to Hawaii, and am seeing my place with fresh eyes. All kinds of projects are beckoning!!
    Nice job on the potty palace!!
    nanalinda

i find wall color perfeckt

Default lol

hope a better article