+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Default Basement wet bar problem

Hi,
    I'm seeking advice for my "future" wet bar. The house was built in 2006. I am in the process of finishing my basement (2x4 walls are up) and not exactly sure how to vent the wet bar correctly. The bar sits roughly 25' from the roughed in bathroom. I plan on running the drain pipe along the exterior walls to connect with my shower drain which flows to the ejector pump. I was curious if it would be too long of a horizontal run from the basement ceiling to connect the vent pipe to the existing rough in. I am assuming you couldn't vent it up and out of the house like a dryer vent (that would be easiest, but I'm looking for the right way). I ask this in fear of doing it the "pain in the a" way of running a new vent line straight up to the attic. I attached 2 pictures, 1 is a quick sketch of the basement layout (NE in the corner is where the bar is going, the other is a picture I took of the rough in plumbing right before they poured the concrete floor.

Thanks in advance,
    Ben
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 156.jpg 
Views:	211 
Size:	21.7 KB 
ID:	2962  
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: Basement wet bar problem

There is no restriction on the length of a vent pipe. The purpose of the vent pipe is to provide a path of escape for sewer gas and prevent back pressure on drains. You could probably also use an air admittance vent on the wet bar if your local codes allow their use.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

Thanks for the quick reply, you've saved me a lot of stress.

The sewerage ejector should be vented 2", you can tie into that or maybe the vent for the laundry if in cellar. Most newer houses have a 2" future vent in the basement ceiling, however the two appliances I mentioned are most likely tied into it. Just make sure its not the pumps drain side. Whatever pitch upwards you can give the horizontal vent would be helpful.

Shaun

I have fixed many bar walls . As said before If you dig out the basement and pump the house up off the foundation the blocks can fall back into place . Then we cut holes and fill it solid with concrete. If it looks real bad we rip it out and re block it . Fixing the grade and adding proper drainage is most important. I have found that most of the time the damage was made buy some bone head driving to close to the foundation wall with a doz er or concrete truck and it was cracked from day one .

HEllo Ben75662, I hope this information help you.

The most popular type of wet bar is a straight or L-shaped bar in a finished basement. In fact, most people think of a home wet bar as being in the basement. This is only because for homes with finished basements, most of the entertaining occurs down there. You should build your wet bar wherever you most frequently entertain. If you have the space, you may even be able to put in a small home wet bar in your rec room. Wherever your pool table or poker table is, so should your wet bar be.