+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 4 of 4

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Dayton Ohio
    Posts
    19

    Default microwave outlet...

    I recently bought a new refridge, oven and microwave to be delivered at a later date. I thought about getting ahead of the game and taking out the microwave...it is above the oven now. When I unplugged it the lower part of the plug and outlet has a sticky green goo in it. Anyone know what it is and what I should do about it?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Fayette County, Ohio
    Posts
    5,827

    Default Re: microwave outlet...

    Probably a mixture of grease and copper oxide. Copper oxide created by steam from cooking and the copper components in the plug and receptacle.

    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Dayton Ohio
    Posts
    19

    Default Re: microwave outlet...

    is there any precautions I should take when cleaning it up?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Fayette County, Ohio
    Posts
    5,827

    Default Re: microwave outlet...

    Personally I would turn off the electricity and replace the receptacle.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •