+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Screen door

Question Screen door

Hi,

We had guests at our house this afternoon and one of them walked into our sliding screen door as they were trying to get out onto the deck. It jammed immediately, but we got it to move enough for them to get outside. Since they left we've been trying to fix it but with little success. We can get the bottom to move quite freely, but the top won't budge. We've tried adjusting the screws at the top and that doesn't help at all. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Al

Default Re: Screen door

He probably knocked the rollers of the track. You should be able to left it up and pull the bottom out then the top. Reinstall aligning the upper rollers on the track then slide the bottom in. You may need a screwdriver to lift the bottom rollers onto their track.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by butal1 View Post
    Hi,

We had guests at our house this afternoon and one of them walked into our sliding screen door as they were trying to get out onto the deck. It jammed immediately, but we got it to move enough for them to get outside. Since they left we've been trying to fix it but with little success. We can get the bottom to move quite freely, but the top won't budge. We've tried adjusting the screws at the top and that doesn't help at all. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
    Al
    Uhhhhh...what was he drinkin'? LOL
    What JAck said but if that doesn't work take some close up pictures so we can see what kinda door it is. some are different than others.
    Hidden Content
    ॐשָׁלו

If it's an aluminum slider, odds are the top track may have been tweaked a little. Hopefully it's just the rollers, if not, check the top of the door for bends or damage, anything that would cause binding in the upper track.

Thanks for your help. I had a good look at it this morning and still could not fathom it out. Then my daughter decided to take a look. I was back inside the house when she yelled "I've done it". The door was unjammed and she and I lined it up and now it's sliding smoother than ever before!

I can see the side of your truck now...lol

BUTAL1 FIX's STORM DOORS INC
    FATHER AND DAUGHTER TEAM
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TudorStormDoor.jpg 
Views:	102 
Size:	18.3 KB 
ID:	269  
    Hidden Content
    ॐשָׁלו

Or Butal1 & Daughter Door Service for short ...

Glad you figured out the problem and thanks for reporting back your results.

You go girl!