+ Reply to Thread

Default almost-new single-lever faucet drip

I have a seldom-used, installed-last-year, hansgrohe metro single-lever kitchen faucet model 06566000. It's started to drip. The drip stops when the lever-handle is turned all the way to the right. The drip starts (and increases) as the lever is turned to the left. The TOH repair article says "worn valve-stem assembly"; given how practically-virgin this faucet is, might the solution just be a matter of tightening something, and of finding a nimble under-sink volunteer?
    Last edited by 1201SLD; 11-15-2009 at 01:28 PM. Reason: misplaced quotation mark

Default Re: almost-new single-lever faucet drip

There could be a piece of debris lodged in the faucet, keeping it from closing properly, in which case disassembling and cleaning may cure the problem. While it's apart, inspect the parts and seals for damage. You may need to rebuild (replace inner workings ) the valve. Don't worry, there's only a few parts to replace, regardless of the type of valve. Since this sounds like a designer faucet, you may have to get your parts ****** from the manufacturer because local retailers will only have the most common and popular parts available.

If the leak is under the sink, then it is probably not the valve, it would be a loose hose connection that is probably flexing a little when the valve is manipulated.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Thanks for pointers. Faucet is a standard Home Depot item; drip is from faucet head. I've found Hansgrohe spec ****** so I can take apart/put back together, continuing education. cheers.

Just because HD sold it to you doesn't mean that there will be replacement parts readily available. If it's not Pfister, Moen, Delta, or another popular name, it may prove difficult finding the parts.

Good luck with your project. Please report back with your progress.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!