+ Reply to Thread

Default Pressure keeps dropping on kitchen faucet

Hi everyone. New to the forums and this is my first post. My problem is that I have a Crane kitchen faucet from 1947(wing type handles style mounted on a "Sunnyday" sink)that keeps losing pressure. I'll turn it on and after about 10 or 15 seconds, the pressure drops to almost nothing. I turn the pressure up more and the same thing happens two or three times until I have the handle turned up almost all the way. It seems to be worse with the hot water side. It won't hold constant pressure. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Default Re: Pressure keeps dropping on kitchen faucet

Do you have city water or a well, Are all the faucets doing that.
    Gizmo

Cut it 3 times & it's still to short.
    Inventor of the Miter Master Plus.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by dlayton71 View Post
    Hi everyone. New to the forums and this is my first post. My problem is that I have a Crane kitchen faucet from 1947(wing type handles style mounted on a "Sunnyday" sink)that keeps losing pressure. I'll turn it on and after about 10 or 15 seconds, the pressure drops to almost nothing. I turn the pressure up more and the same thing happens two or three times until I have the handle turned up almost all the way. It seems to be worse with the hot water side. It won't hold constant pressure. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
    From 1947???????????? You have got to be kidding!

I have 6 year old cartridge type faucets failing in my home..... Have you taken it apart to see what it would take to re-build?

Is there are reason why you are holding on to the faucet that long? I would love to see a pic. of it! Perhaps it's time to replace the faucet?

____
    Find professional plumbing contractors

Smile Re: Pressure keeps dropping on kitchen faucet

Sounds like that old, old faucet needs to be replaced. If you are too attached to it, it might just be totally corroded with rust and scale inside of it. If you absolutely love this faucet, try soaking it in Lime Away, or CLR for a long, long time, to see how much rust is inside. After you remove this faucet, you will probably see the feedline running to it, is filling up with scale.

Have a Most Merry Christmas, from Minnesota.

To answer the questions,I am on city water and it is just that faucet dropping pressure. I just bought the house around six months ago and it is the original faucet from 1947. Crazy right; still works though. I'm not attached to it and will probably replace it, but I thought there might be a quick fix as it is an odd set-up because it mounts to the sink on a forty five degree angle. it does look to have a lot of corrosion on it, so I'll soak it and see what happens. Thanks for the suggestions.

Almost forgot, MERRY CHRISTMAS to everyone!!