+ Reply to Thread

Default Sewer Pipe Noise

After flushing our hallway toilet and the toilet is almost refilled the pipes make noise, almost like a groan then shudder. Is there something that needs to be replaced in the toilet or is it a problem with the drainage pipes?

Default Re: Sewer Pipe Noise

Won't have anything to do with the drain pipes.

If this is the only room where the sound happens and originating from that toilet then it's more than likely the diaphram of the fill valve vibrating inside the toilet tank.

A simple test ..... close the angle stop water feed to the toilet ----- flush the toilet ----- slowly open the angle stop to refill the tank ------ if the sound reappears then it's likely a replacement of the fill valve will resolve the issue.

Hopefully this helps.
    "" an ounce of perception -- a pound of obscure "
    - Rush

Default Sewer Pipe Noise

Hello,

I am Jeck.This is my first visit to site.I am new to this site,but Iíve enjoyed posting in your forums.Welcome to the forum.I know the problem is very difficult.If this is the only room where the sound happens and originating from that toilet then it's more than likely the diaphragm of the fill valve vibrating inside the toilet tank.You can change this pipe. Thank you very much and Stay connected with me.