+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Shutters

Hybrid View

Default Shutters

We have recently hung shutters on the front windows of our house. We have 2 sets of windows that have about a 14-18" break in between them. Can anyone tell me what the proper way to hang shutters on these windows is. Do you put a shutter in between them or not?
    Thanks!

Default Re: Shutters

First of all a few questions. Are you installing shutters on hindges or plastic flat mount simulated shutters screwed to the wall? How big are the windows? What kind of frames do you have on the windows? What kind of siding do you have? Photos would help.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

Default Re: Shutters

Here's the pictures, she was having trouble posting them. She's talking about the windows on the porch. I sugessted extending the window fram between the two windows, removing the hardi board between the windows, and installin something like vertical siding between the windows to make them look like a single large unit with shutters on each side. Whose next?
    Jack
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	101_0879%5B1%5D.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	35.6 KB 
ID:	261   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	101_0880%5B1%5D.jpg 
Views:	86 
Size:	28.1 KB 
ID:	262   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	101_0882%5B1%5D.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	27.6 KB 
ID:	263   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	101_0883%5B1%5D.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	30.9 KB 
ID:	264   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	101_0886%5B1%5D.jpg 
Views:	83 
Size:	13.4 KB 
ID:	265  

Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

Thumbs up Re: Shutters

Oh my gosh we have the same problem with our home. Out of all 23 windows in our home there is one set like that. Our solution (given to us by our contractor) was to place shutters on either side of the window but not in the center. I tried to look for a picture but I don't have a current one. We looked at other houses with the same window set up and this is also what they have done. Good Luck! You could always put in one big picture window in the place of the other two.