+ Reply to Thread
    Barron,Wisconsin (1/2 hour north of eau claire)

Unhappy Need help with landscaping our 5-6 acre yard!

My husband and I just built our new home 3 years ago on 40 acres and have about a 5-6 acre yard and where I come from was nothing but woods and peace and quite and now I live next to a major county hwy. and get really annoyed with the noise and the fact that I no longer have that kind of quitness of the northwoods anymore and I'm also getting extremely frustrated with this certain part in the center of my driveway . It's one of those circle around types and I've tried planting shrubs and flowers there but they keep on dying on me and people keep on running over my border around the edge which just makes me mad because of all the hard work I've put into it and keep failing. Anyone out there with some great advice would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!
    PLEASE HELP ME!

Default Re: Need help with landscaping our 5-6 acre yard!

Noise reduction from highway will require dense vegetation and preferably a block/concrete wall that will absorb the sound and deflect it. Your turn around driveway, install a curb and set back the plantings a bit, or install a block wall that is at car door height, anyone that gets too close will get a reminder why they shouldn't have.

Default Re: Need help with landscaping our 5-6 acre yard!

for noise reduction I would go with 2 or 3 rows of evergreens. For he drive way use a few lage size boulders to keep the cars where they belong....as far as the planting dying the problem could be road salt from thedrive, poor soil, soil compaction, poor drainage ect....maybe have a local landscape company take a look and help with a design.