+ Reply to Thread

Default which pex ring is best

Howdy, I have been studying Pex and the different types of fasteners for fittings. It appears that the stainless steel crimp rings are the better ones but pricey. Have not used any yet but in spring will re plumbing big house. What do you experienced installers think?

Default Re: which pex ring is best

I personally use the stainless steel cinch rings as one tool fits up to an 1" pipe.
    Try this article for more information on joining pex
    Plumbing and Heating Tech.
    My plumbing website Hidden Content

Howdy, thanks for the information. Am wondering if one can use a pair of dikes to crimp the rings instead of buying another tool?

The tool is only $40 and releases when a proper joint is made.

I personally use the wirsbo memory rings, however the tool is expensive. I like it because you dont have to fit the tool into the space to make the connection. From experience with both crimping and cinching most plumbers I talk to rely on the cinching of a solid ring method over crimping. But the drawback is a different tool for different sizes. Just my opinion though.

Shaun

I agree that Wirsbo is a superior product but it is not the most homeowner friendly system out there.

Howdy, thanks to all you for responding. I got the tool and the stainless steel crimp rings. Now to read more about plumbing this winter and do the plumbing next spring.