+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: red tape for plastic

Yep --- though i think it might be another 3 months before they come back.
    "" an ounce of perception -- a pound of obscure "
    - Rush

Howdy, glad to read that it is called "tuct" tape so now hearing loss and memory loss aging is... I'm glad everyone's having fun with it too like seeing humor as building is fun. I did not think it was duck tape. But i thought it was duct tape as a generic term for the high grade tape like the silver tape used to seal ducts.
    Thanks again for the help.

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Miller View Post
    Howdy watching Homes on Homes and they repeatedly use a red(duct tape) on the plastic to seal out air infiltration but i cannot find this product any body know its name and where to obtain it? Is it a Canadian product?
    Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Miller View Post
    Howdy, glad to read that it is called "tuct" tape so now hearing loss and memory loss aging is... I'm glad everyone's having fun with it too like seeing humor as building is fun. I did not think it was duck tape. But i thought it was duct tape as a generic term for the high grade tape like the silver tape used to seal ducts.
    Thanks again for the help.
    Enough said on the distinction between house wrap -- duct -- or whatever tape. You have to forgive me for being anal trying to clarify with whatever the heck you were talking about.
    - Rush

Quote Originally Posted by canuk View Post
    Enough said on the distinction between house wrap -- duct -- or whatever tape. You have to forgive me for being anal trying to clarify with whatever the heck you were talking about.
    Then you'll have to stop calling it "gaffer's tape" too. Gaffer's tape is far easier to tear and much much stickier than quacking tape, and it leaves behind a seriously nasty sticky residue if left on for long. In my years of playing in the theater I've found that the workers really like to use copious amounts to hold all manner of things together. My favorite is taping the seams on wall segments. No mud or anything, just the tape.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by A. Spruce View Post
    Then you'll have to stop calling it "gaffer's tape" too. Gaffer's tape is far easier to tear and much much stickier than quacking tape, and it leaves behind a seriously nasty sticky residue if left on for long. In my years of playing in the theater I've found that the workers really like to use copious amounts to hold all manner of things together. My favorite is taping the seams on wall segments. No mud or anything, just the tape.
    Ah --- that explains it.
    I had a roll of that stuff given to me and while it did seem similar to that 1001 use tape it did come up easier.
    - Rush

spruce you are always trying to start some garbage aren't you?
    I knew there was a reason I liked you

Quote Originally Posted by havanagranite View Post
    spruce you are always trying to start some garbage aren't you?
    I knew there was a reason I liked you
    Nah, just trying to keep those whacky Canookionians in line.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!