+ Reply to Thread

Default Recessed medicine cabinet replacement

I am trying to replace an old recessed medicine cabinet. The size is off from any cabinet I can find. Its off by several inches, therefore will not fit in the hole in the wall. Any ideas on how to either fill in the gap so that a smaller cabinet will fit? There is also a box above that has the light attached to it. I am having a hard time finding a light that I can put over it without removing the box. The apartment is pre war and deeming very difficult to find updated items. Appreciate any advice. Thanks

Default Re: Recessed medicine cabinet replacement

You could go with a surface mounted cabinet, then the hole won't be an issue. If you go with a cabinet with an integrated light, you won't have to worry about the wall box either.

Not sure what you mean by "also a box above that has the light attached to it. I am having a hard time finding a light that I can put over it without removing the box." The wall box should be flush to the wall surface unless it's a pancake box, in which case you can remove the pancake box and install a bar light (multi-bulb lights mounted to a channel ).
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!