+ Reply to Thread

Default Swimming pool conversion

I'm looking for creative ideas to reuse a 16x32 concrete in-ground pool. We don't swim in it enough to justify the ~ $1000 a year of electricity, chemicals, etc.

Ideally, it would be something that didn't cost more than we hoped to save and was reasonably reversible ... in case we ever sold the house.

We live in northern Alabama where the winters are mild, so one thought I had was building a greenhouse over it and making it a giant cold frame.

--Thomas

Default Re: Swimming pool conversion

I've seen newspaper and magazine articles by people who have turned unused swimming pools into koi ponds and water gardens. While both of those would be reversible, the interior of the pool would like have to be refinished due to staining and discoloration. I don't recall the magazines where I've seen these things, but it shouldn't be too difficult to Google some answers if you're interested in the concept.

Default Re: Swimming pool conversion

I thought about these a little, but guessed they both took about the same time and money as the pool to maintain.

Quote Originally Posted by A. Spruce View Post
    I've seen newspaper and magazine articles by people who have turned unused swimming pools into koi ponds and water gardens. While both of those would be reversible, the interior of the pool would like have to be refinished due to staining and discoloration. I don't recall the magazines where I've seen these things, but it shouldn't be too difficult to Google some answers if you're interested in the concept.