+ Reply to Thread

Default Surface to wall transition

I have a bldg that I am making half office space and half workshop. The main panel is in the workshop and I need to feed the offices. There is old empty Emt on the tin ceiling of the workshop that runs from the panel to a partition wall to the office space.

My question is if I transition from 12/2 inside Emt to Romex inside a j-box mounted on the partition wall, then down through the wall to offices? Do I use a short piece of emt with a bushing from the jbox through the wall then run romex? Or, one of those emt to romex connectors, then down into the wall.

Also, if running say 4 circuits to this same wall for the offices (lights and outlets) would the above be the safest and correct way?

Side note: I do have access to the joists above I can just remove the tin ceiling. Should I abandon this plan above and just run emt from panel to ceiling, use emt to romex connectors through tin ceiling, then through holes in joists to partition wall and into offices. Time and labor is no object

Thanks in advance!

Jerome A.

Default Re: Surface to wall transition

Wait maybe I should just run a 2" piece of conduit (acting as a sleeve) from the panel into the ceiling, run my 4 12/2's through that. Then through joists, down into partition wall.
    Last edited by Jerome A.; 11-10-2009 at 04:36 PM.