+ Reply to Thread

Default PEX and Sharkbites

Howdy figuring on using Pex to re plumb my old house. Am amazed with the new( to me) brass removable shark bites and the copper permanent ones. It appears to me that each fitting costs about $2 verses more then regular fittings and clips. The codes are strict here in OR an have oked to put these behind walls etc. What down side of using the brass ones? Upside easy to install and no crimping tools...

Also want to install a multiple shutoff manifold but having a hard time finding anyone whom sells them. Have seen on Homes on Homes a cotter one with metal shutoffs. But no idea where to get one.

Default Re: PEX and Sharkbites

My buddy found the specs for a mainifold on line and built his own with pex and shutoff valves. Its a thought.

Howdy, thanks i looked on line and *** some are priceee. Fergesen plumbing has them so i will be going shopping.
    reading more appears the stainless steel crip rings are my best choice and not the shark bites.
    Now deed to find metal for pex 1/4 turn shutoffs that are 1/2'' in and out or one side studed for copper then will make my own manifold....

They sell the shut-offs for wirsbo, but that uses memory rings and slightly different barbs, regardless your local plumbing should have or be able to order them for whatever they stock, theres will look nicer than trying to make it with 1/2 copper ball valves with adapters.

Shaun