+ Reply to Thread

Red face Needing advice on a musty smell

We bought our house one year ago. Before we moved in, I painted cabinet doors... in the home on a sheet of plastic. When I pulled up the sheet of plastic, the carpet was ever-so-slightly damp. The previous owner had the carpets cleaned after they moved out which would have been at least a month prior. ANYWAY, now I am smelling a musty smell in the home. (It has been mild temperature-wise with no AC or heat running) I really don't know if it has anything to do with what I've described, but I don't know what to do. I would appreciate any advice!!!!

Default Re: Needing advice on a musty smell

Howdy kill the cat...
    Have carpets reclaeaned and have the cleaner use a fungiside in the soultion.

Default Re: Needing advice on a musty smell

You can also try sprinkle some baking soda on the carpet before you vaccuum. Baking soda is great for remoivig odors. Do this for a few weeks (a few times a week) and it should help. Additionally, crack open a few windows and leave them open for a few days.
    ________
    Networx.com
    We provide the latest information on how to fix, renovate, and decorate your house using the least amount of resources for the best value.