Can we please get your advice on the following issue?
We moved into our home approx 5 months ago and have had a constant foul odor in our upstairs bathroom since we've moved in(smells like dead animal and at times fishy). The intensity of the odor waxes and wanes. Over the summer, it seemed that the odor was more perceivable after either the sink or shower faucet had been on for a while. Recently, however, all you have to do is open the door, and you get a wave of the foul, vomit-producing odor. We've tried the following:
1. Reset toilet (when plumber took toilet off, the odor seemed so unbearable...when it was done, it seemed that maybe the odor may have been contained, but unfortunately, the odor came back with a vengeance).
2. Snake all pipes
3. Wait to rule out dead animal
4. Called 5 different plumbers
5. Called mold / odor spe******t
6. Called drain spe******t
7. Confirmed with Septic Company that it is not septic issue
8. Opening window does not help
9. Special odor neutralizer / gel has not helped
Please note that the smell is exclusively in the upstairs master bathroom and does not permeate into the bedroom in which the bathroom is located in.
Any help / direction will be greatly appreciated.