+ Reply to Thread

Exclamation adding a breaker to my panel

I need to add 1 or maybe 2 breakers to my panel for my x-mas lights. I have so many thing that i keep tripping the breakers. I would like to add a double outlet beside the old one in the front and do the same to rear of the house. Would love some feed back on trhis i don't want to lite myself up.
    Thanks
    Steve Wilson

Default Re: adding a breaker to my panel

If you're having problems already, I'd recommend bringing in an electrician to assess your electrical needs and possibly upgrade your service. You should not have breakers tripping on a regular basis, you're either demanding more of your circuits or your electrical system may be compromised.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Ditto...................
    Gizmo

Cut it 3 times & it's still to short.
    Inventor of the Miter Master Plus.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

I think Willy just meant that he tripped the breaker with his holiday lighting.

Adding a circuit or two is not all that tough. Without knowing the particulars it is pretty much impossible to offer advice.

check the manufacturer name plate on the panel and acquire the breaker. If you're just doing lights then 15 amp will probably suffice. You'll need the correct fittings for attaching the wire to the panel, the wire, 14/2 with ground will do if you're just going with 15 amp circuit. If you're putting the duplex on the exterior you will need to use GFI plug. Turn the power off when you get to doing the work inside the panel!

Quote Originally Posted by NEC View Post
    I think Willy just meant that he tripped the breaker with his holiday lighting.

Adding a circuit or two is not all that tough. Without knowing the particulars it is pretty much impossible to offer advice.
    That is how I read the OP as well.
    Great minds think alike....