+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Question faucet & drain install update

I had granite installed including a double bowl sink. I need a faucet and garbage disposal installed with new plumbing and waterlines. I have already posted this but since have two contractors give quotes, 1st for $550.00 the other for $350.00. What would be the difference and is either reasonable? And is the lesser amount quality work?

Default Re: faucet & drain install update

Without seeing the quotes or knowing what needs to be done, how do expect us to guess?
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

I agree with Jack, without seeing the quote and exactly what all is included in that quote, we cannot offer an opinion on the bids. Neither one sound too expensive for what you've brushed over, but again, without details, who know.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Question Re: faucet & drain install update

Both quotes are the same. Installation of moen faucet with 16" flood safe braided lines. Installation of in-sinkerator garbage disposal,new strainer for second bowl, plumb drain valves into p-trap pvc.Does this help?

??

I think the answer would be obvious.

Are you sure you are comparing apples to apples?

Do not understand, I guess, the question.

.......... One of the plumbers could show up with a bent over butt crack showing and I guess you could throw 2 clams either way.

Do both quotes include the faucet and the GD? If so do both list the same model number. The price of different models of DGs could count for $200 difference same with the faucet. You also don't mention electrical.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

The garabge disposal and faucet was already purchased by me.