+ Reply to Thread

Question Is it worth it to go green?

It seems more expensive to go green then I can handle. I'm not sure if the payback is drastic enough to go through the trouble. Of course, its "the right thing to do". I am no Bob Vila ( and my bank account doesn't resemble his ). I have already made small green changes to my everyday lifestyle and I'm questioning more drastic green renovations.

Default Re: Is it worth it to go green?

The extent to which you go green will depend on how committed you are to it. Most municipalities have "go green" programs, from replacing inefficient appliances, to increasing insulation, to thermal efficient windows and doors. But, you don't have to be a Kennedy to do your best and still realize some savings for your efforts.

What is it you are trying to accomplish in particular, go green for greens sake, monetary savings, carbon print reduction.

Default Re: Is it worth it to go green?

I look at going green like the change jar I keep.
    Every little thing I do does a little bit of good for the environment. (this is like the few pennies/nickels I throw in the jar) Now, multiply the little things that many people (I hope) are trying to do and now you have something. (just like the change jar...I don't have much after the first day, but after a year I can buy myself something nice)
    Just do what you can and feel good about what you're doing even though it may not show in your wallet.