+ Reply to Thread

Default Nutone kitchen vent filter needed (circa 1946)

Hi, we recently moved into a post-WWII cape cod (I think), built in 1946 Most of the house is original. In the kitchen there is an original Nutone vent fan above the stove. Check out the image included in this thread. I can't find a replacement filter for this vent probably because it's so old. Any ideas where I can get a vent filter for this Nutone vent fan? Dimensions are approx: 12" long x 8" wide. Thanks for your help.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo.jpg 
Views:	49 
Size:	8.9 KB 
ID:	2897  

Default Re: Nutone kitchen vent filter needed (circa 1946)

If the louvers are a cover and come off, you may be able to go to a hometown refrigeration/stove supply house and get them to make something. we did that for a hood filter same situation, but not as old.

Good idea. The cover comes right off. I removed the old, filthy one not long after we moved in. But I should have snapped a photo of it.

Do you know if filters are generally made out of the same standard material -- material I could find at a home improvement outlet and cut to size?

What I had was metal/alumium mesh. This dealer is one that's been in the biz for eons. My filter was mesh with alum trim. They cut mesh to size and spot welded the trim around it. I had the old one for a model though. If you can draw it, design it or get real specific they could probably duplicate. Take your cover and dimensions of the opening. I would suggest looking for somebody that sells Nutone parts. Good luck.

They have a filter that is made to cut to size, not the metal mesh you talk of. I'm pretty sure that Home Depot or Lowes carries them.
    Good Luck !!!