+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Default cedar box septic system

I bought an old cottage. The septic system is a cedar box about 15 feet from the house. I don't have the 10 000 to change it and would like to be able to keep it for another year or two. The water in the toilet slowly turns brown and smells after a flush. The level of the land has sunk about 12 inches over the septic and a gutter had been directed at and has been draining on top of the system. Is it full of water,full of shit, will it dry out? I have a thousand questions about this.

Kind regards
    Joseph
    Tremblant Quebec Canada

Default Re: cedar box septic system

Grab a spade....dig out the now completely rotted cedar box.........and replace with a 1949 Chevy coupe. Make sure the windows are rolled up before you backfill. <G>
    Last edited by goldhiller; 10-06-2007 at 10:38 PM.

It looks as though I am S.O.L....thanx anyway...how much for the 49 coup?//lol

Not a '49 Chevy, a '57 Belvedere!

That thar is the problem. A '49 chevy coupe is far superior to a '57 Belvedere for this particular application. Any competent plumber would know this.

Question Re: cedar box septic system

How do you know for sure that the cedar box is rotten?? It flushes fine and there is no backup at all.
    Joe

The old wooden septic boxes are very old and may not be legal or operational at all. This can be a major health hazzard. I would suggest "Google" Septic systems for more information. You may want to look into a Multi-Flow system (multi-flow.com). You can also look into EPA.Gov, Univ of Minn, Illinois,or U of Virginia.
    An unsafe septic is nothing to make jokes about. Educate yourself your life and your famlies life depends on it