+ Reply to Thread

Default Leaky water softener or water treatment system

I realize that this is not really a plumbing issue but could not really find a suitable topic. Hopefully someone can help me out? I noticed that my water sofener or water treatment system (I am not exactly sure what the machine is... it is a skinny, tall cylinder that is a few feet away from where I put the softener salt) is leaking. There is water around the base of the machine. Any suggestions for what might be happening? The rainsoft company wants to charge so much money just to come out to look at it. Being a fairly new homeowner, I would like to try to repair this on my own. However, as you can tell, I am not too sure what to even look for or where to start... Any suggestions?

Thanks!!!

Default Re: Leaky water softener or water treatment system

First of all are you sure it's leaking. With cold water constantly running through it could it be condensation.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

That is a good thought... However, we have lived here for almost two years and this is the first that it has ever done this. Where could it be leaking from? I am not sure

Wipe it down very well with a dry rag and try to determine where it is leaking. There are usually many "O" ring sealed connections in a softener set up. Finding where it is leaking would be the first step in determining the repair. I personally have never seen a softener tank leak, it has always been a bad "O" ring.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

I will give that a try! Thank you