+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Question Installing bathroom vanity

I have a half bath that I want to install a new vanity. The width from wall to wall is 30". Bath vanities come in 24" and 30" widths. I don't think that I can install a 30" vanity. If I install a 24", what can I use to cover the 3" gap on the sides so that I don't have "stuff" falling down between the wall and vanity? Just puzzled - thanks!

Default Re: Installing bathroom vanity

Quote Originally Posted by BeckyPage84 View Post
    I have a half bath that I want to install a new vanity. The width from wall to wall is 30". Bath vanities come in 24" and 30" widths. I don't think that I can install a 30" vanity. If I install a 24", what can I use to cover the 3" gap on the sides so that I don't have "stuff" falling down between the wall and vanity? Just puzzled - thanks!

Is the width of the cabinet 30" or the width of the top? Measure both carefully, as well as the hole where it will live, you might be pleasantly surprised that it will work.

If the cabinet will fit the space, but the vanity top is too long, the top can be cut, one issue with cutting, however, is that you'll also want to install side splashes and if this is one of those "kits" from the big box, you don't get side splashes with them. An alternative to side splashes would be to use tile. Use bull nose from the back forward and a double bullnose (rounded on two sides ) for the front corners.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!