+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Cold Bedroom

Smile Cold Bedroom

Hi, I have a 1300 sq ft ranch style home and would like to know if it is ok to place new drywall over existing drywall. My bedroom is cold and almost has a draft. If not drywall what other material could be used. My furnace is gas heat.

Default Re: Cold Bedroom

Insulation, and New Windows for the draft. Good Luck!!!

if it is in an older house that is ranch style check in your attic, they usually used flex duct and hardly used insulated flex duct so could be losing quite a bit of air flow, also make sure it bends as little as possible. I had the same problem in my house and come to find out my flex duct had been wound like a snake and I lost almost all air flow to some rooms

Howdy without details why it is cold first see if attic over bedroom has any open holes in the interior walls as this allows chimney of heat out of the room an with fiberglass attic insulation the air flow threw it- if cellulose it does not. If you find hole such as where a pipe or wire is run you can can use spray foam to fill them and this ma make your b room much warmer. also be sure the windows are maintained caulked etc...

ps more drywall will wasted money. if you want to beef up the insulation you can consider adding insulation to wall cavities ....
    Last edited by Timothy Miller; 11-05-2009 at 04:26 PM. Reason: typo