+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Gas Fire Place

Default Gas Fire Place

I have a gas unvented fire place. the Pilot went out over the summer and when I tried to turn it on the Pilot Light wont' stay on after I go through the lighting instructions. When I let go of the Pilot button after a couple of minutes and try to leave it on the Pilot light goes out as if it's not getting any gas. How do I change the mechanism where the pilot button is?

Default Re: Gas Fire Place

Could be Safety interlock Oxygen sensor/CO detector should lockout.

Call a tech and get the unit CLEANED, tested and repaired by a Pro. Unvented needs attention every year.
    Last edited by Gray Watson; 10-24-2009 at 11:28 AM.
    SPAM: never liked it from a can, can't stand it on a board forum. This board needs MODERATORS!

The oxygen depletion unit is dirty. Get a can of canned air used to clean computers. With the pilot off insert the nozzle slightly into the pilot tube and give it a couple of blasts. That will usually clean it out. Then try to relight.
    I do it every year.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

Thanks, Jack. Used canned air in Pilot tube and re lit the pilot. Works fine, thanks for suggestion saved me over $100.

Unile146