Default basement wall dirt

How do I finish a dirt interior wall in the basement?
    Basement wall in coal bin/oil storage area is full height of a low celing standing concrete basement, but in that one area of the coal bin, the bottom half of the wall is solid dirt. Amazing. they put blocks on top of the ground to hold up the porch and made it a coal bin, originally. The ground is very solid and the wall is not quite straight down, but I don't want to disturb the dirt.
    In appearance, I could barely tell that it was dirt.

My idea is to barely knock off any loose dirt, and then pait with hydrolic cement or rapid-set mortar mix.

I was told to us "hydrolic cement or "hydrolic" paint.
    In asking around at the major stores, they tell me to use quick-Set hydrolic cement or better yet to use rapid set of some type because it contains more sealants. The man who removed the oil barrels said to use hydrolic cement. Sounds like he has seen that used often, and it works.

Will it stick to the wall? rapidly before it slides off?
    Is it difficult to apply and make stick, the way stucco is difficult to apply or wall joint plaster?
    Is there something better to use?

I don't want to make a separate form for poured cement, thereby making the room smaller, and creating a ledge. Any other ideas? Thanks. The project is in the cold of winter in Michigan.

Default Re: basement wall dirt

Any chance of posting a picture or two ?
    "" an ounce of perception -- a pound of obscure "
    - Rush