Thank you JLMcDaniel...those were actually my sash posted there, but yes, for the first set, I thought I did a pretty good job too.

And yes, I do have modern tools & indoor plumbing too! I am taking my time and learning as I go along. But I have a soft place in my heart for these old homes. Once they are gone... that's it. And I will also admit that windows are a touchy subject with me. When you have old growth hardwood, that is as sturdy as it gets (ok, except for maybe titanium & the like) but the original sash with the neat old wavy glass...glass is not made that way any more.

Besides, my place and all the quirks & characteristics in it are comforting to me. I haven't even painted inside after 2.5 years until I can either learn how or find a good plaster pro.

And if all goes as planned, I will begin making my own wooden storm windows this winter. I got my table saw, router, several nice wood chisel sets & need to find a good template to go by. There are several ways I can do it, so I'll find one that works for me.

I just figure that it's fun, it's right for this place & I have all the time in the world to do it. I don't plan on ever leaving & Lord willing, I'll never have to. Would you?

My little 1/2 acre of heaven