+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 3 of 3
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Oct 2009

    Default What do you call this pipe?

    Here's the question and I'm borrowing this picture from another website. What do you call the "loop" pipe that is connected to the pressure switch? What kind of function does it serve and why does it have to be in a loop vs straight? Last and not least, where can I get this replacement pipe? Thank you...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SteamPressureSwitch103DJFs.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	16.8 KB 
ID:	2843  

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2007

    Default Re: What do you call this pipe?

    The loop acts as a condensation trap so that moisture doesn't run into the switch. If this is on your furnace, then an HVAC or plumbing supply may have it.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2009

    Default Re: What do you call this pipe?

    Looks like it's on a Boiler from the water level tube. Good Luck!!!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts