Default modifing kitchen cabinet for room

Hello,
    I just recently moved to a smaller home due to job relocation. We had to bring our appliances from our other home. Our fridge is a tad to wide to fit into the space where it is supposed to go in the kitchen. I do not want to remodel the whole kitchen at this time, but want to cut the cabinet to make the fridge fit. There is room with the draws and doors to cut a half inch to an inch off. I know I need to knock out the side of the cabinet, but I am unsure how to cut it and what to cut it with. Please help. Thanks.

Default Re: modifing kitchen cabinet for room

If it's the faceframe you need to cut, take the doors and drawers off, put masking tape on the face frame, put down the line you need to cut (on top of the masking tape)then start with a circular saw (the smallest you have) and then finish the cut with a jigsaw.

Good luck and take your time

jt

Are these built in or modular cabinets? If they are modular is there room to move cabinets on the end of the fridge run and add a filler to the top cabinet above the fridge?

Whats a tad to wide...1/4,1/2" or what. Does the ref sit in between 2 cabinets or cabinets and a wall. If its one cab and wall what happens if you remove the base board if theres any on the side wall....

Just a thought.....
    Gizmo

Cut it 3 times & it's still to short.
    Inventor of the Miter Master Plus.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

It was between a cabinet and the wall. They cabinets were made by my father-in-law and were built in. I just took my circular saw and sawzaw to cut an inch or so off the side. Looks good and fits. thanks guys/gals.