+ Reply to Thread

Thread: tile adhesive

Question tile adhesive

Previous owners did a poor job installing self-stick tile over glued tile. I have removed some of the newest layer of tile. There is sticky adhesive that needs to come off. I tried goo gone which took most of it but after a couple of days I am sticking to those areas which I thought were clean. What to do now and for the rest of the job. i intend on installing a floating floor once the prep is complete. Thanks.

Default Re: tile adhesive

Are you stripping out all the second layer of self-stick tile or just the loose/missing pieces? If you're only removing what's loose, then you'll need to fill the holes left by the missing tile. The easiest means would be to purchase more self stick tile, doable but more work would be to float those low areas with leveling compound. If you're stripping out all the second layer, don't worry about the sticky and just lay down your vapor barrier.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!

Nice call Spruce.
    You need to install the padding before the floor,just make sure all the old tiles are at the same height
    Gizmo

Cut it 3 times & it's still to short.
    Inventor of the Miter Master Plus.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

I I try.
    I suffer from CDO ... Its like OCD, but in alphabetical order, LIKE IT SHOULD BE!!!