+ Reply to Thread

Default Temporary fix for cracked window?

Hi, I'm new here.

I was wondering if anyone can help.. I woke up and found the bathroom window has cracked across the middle (no idea how it happened!).. Unfortunately, I can't afford to replace it just yet (and we're redoing the bathroom soon, so it seems kind of pointless to spend money replacing it!).
    Our bathroom does have a really bad condensation problem whenever you shower or bath, so I'm not sure that temporary double glazing plastic you can get would stick. Any suggestions of a way to temporarily fix?
    Oh and it's not double glazed or anything, just a large single pane.

Thanks!

Default Re: Temporary fix for cracked window?

Duct tape? or you could try and replace the glass yourself, single pane glass is'nt that expensive.
    HOPE THIS IS HELPFUL!

Oklahoma City, OK

i was going to say hot glue, but something like clear contact paper would make sure it doesn't break & fall out.
    Search for a post a few days ago about reglazing windows.

I agree with above....contac paper will keep it in place (even if it does crack more thru the winter) then wait for spring & re-glaze.

I have a crack in one that I JUST reglazed. Needed one more coat of paint & then back in. Looks like I'll be doing the same thing for now
    The true Craftsman is nearly extinct,
    now it's just Made in China Hidden Content

Thanks for all the input!

I've used duct tape (I thought it wouldn't stay stuck but so far, so good) until I can go and pick up some contact paper. Fingers crossed it'll last through the winter.