+ Reply to Thread

Default Noisy kitchen faucet

Recently my kitchen faucet had become hard to turn from sink to sink. I removed it and took the decorative covers off to clean the gunk out and lube it. I put it back in and it moves great from sink to sink but now it doesn't have very good pressure and whines on the hot side when the water gets hot, but only when the water gets hot. The low flow is all the time and on both hot and cold sides. I've disconnected everything and re-connected it to make sure i didn't have something too tight but that didn't help. Help me! I'm so frustrated at this.

Default Re: Noisy kitchen faucet

Perhaps when you removed the faucet you damaged a washer. When the washer gets hot it expands slightly. If there is a hanging piece it moves around rapidly in the flow of water and might cause that whining noise you described. Try getting a washer kit for your faucet at the store. If you have a quality faucet like Price Pfister the parts are guaranteed for life. Call the company with your model # (check the web site if you are not sure)and they only charge you shipping. It cost me $5.00 to get a new soap dispenser when the one I had broke. Good luck.

First remove the aerator and turn the water on if you have good flow clean and reinstall the aerator.

If you don't have good flow chances are the washer in the shut off valve is the problem.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by moverwise View Post
    Perhaps when you removed the faucet you damaged a washer. When the washer gets hot it expands slightly. If there is a hanging piece it moves around rapidly in the flow of water and might cause that whining noise you described. Try getting a washer kit for your faucet at the store. If you have a quality faucet like Price Pfister the parts are guaranteed for life. Call the company with your model # (check the web site if you are not sure)and they only charge you shipping. It cost me $5.00 to get a new soap dispenser when the one I had broke. Good luck.
    Are you thinking a washer inside the unit somehow or one in the soft hoses? It is a single lever faucet that pulls out and has the regular stream or spray option button. It has the problem on both options. I do not have shut off valves under the sink other than on the dishwasher side of the hot water.

Sounds as though you may have done something to the divertor or the cartridge when you took it apart and reassembled ?
    "" an ounce of perception -- a pound of obscure "
    - Rush

Quote Originally Posted by canuk View Post
    Sounds as though you may have done something to the divertor or the cartridge when you took it apart and reassembled ?
    The only thing i did to the actual faucet was took off the decorative covers. It probably has something to do with washers in connections like one previous post said, just haven't had time to check it out again.