+ Reply to Thread

Question Drip System Emitters Won't Stop Dripping

I have a front yard with a steep, sloping grade that has a drip system installed on a timer. When the system is off, the emitters at the lower portion of the yard still continue to drip. Can this be an issue of gravity pushing water still in the line out, or is it something else. How can I save this water?

Default Re: Drip System Emitters Won't Stop Dripping

Quote Originally Posted by NTFinch View Post
    I have a front yard with a steep, sloping grade that has a drip system installed on a timer. When the system is off, the emitters at the lower portion of the yard still continue to drip. Can this be an issue of gravity pushing water still in the line out, or is it something else. How can I save this water?
    Gravity pulling water out, air going in at the upper drip straws.

You can install stop valves at the lower areas and turn them off starting from the bottom of the hill working up long before you turn off at the top of the hill; redesign your drip system using fewer straws or smaller holes at the bottom of the hill to better balance the system; or put a large valve at the bottom of the hill and a collector, such as a rain barrel, and open the valve at the end of the cycle to drain the system and use the collection at the bottom of the slope for other purposes.
    Last edited by Gray Watson; 10-10-2009 at 08:07 PM.
    SPAM: never liked it from a can, can't stand it on a board forum. This board needs MODERATORS!

Default Re: Drip System Emitters Won't Stop Dripping

I ended up checking the valve the landscaping company installed, and it was not set properly. It was putting out just enough pressure to cause a drip on some emitters, but not on others. I adjusted it and now the problem is solved.