We have a sunken living room in our house that I would like to fill it in and make the same level as the rest of our house (my wife has MS so it would make it easier on her). The change in elevation is about six inches (one step down). I have two choices either put in joists with a ply deck or fill it with concrete. I'd like to get some opinions on what the best way might be.