+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: A new member with an old problem.

I have seen water pressure increase and decrease due to a bad pressure regulator.
    The problem that you describe sounds like you have a restriction in the water supply comming into your house. This could be due to sediment that has built up on the inside of the main waterline, sediment that has become stuck against the seat in the main shut off valve, sediment plugging the screen in your pressure regulator or a bad regulator. If you are seeing 110 pounds of pressure, this would indicate that your regulator is not functioning properly and it is allowing pressure to creep up past the set pressure.
    I would exercise the main shut off valve several times with water turned on somewhere down stream of the valve. This could help flush out any build up against the valve seat.
    I would clean out the screen in the pressure regulator. If these things don't help I would replace the regulator.
    Last edited by Blake; 10-07-2009 at 08:06 PM.
    Slow The Flow

QUOTE=Gizmo;63790]I think he read it wrong about the irrigation. It was about my neighbor, I opened his valve all the way and he was ok.

Ok back to your problem. Shouldnt the city be able to find your valve. They own it not you, if its metal all they need is a metal detector. You should know where its at anyway, just in case of a break on your side of the meter....[/QUOTE]

I was at work when they came by. My wife said they used some type of wand. Probably a metal detector. I think the guy just was lazy and did'nt make an honest effort. But I have a good idea where it is. I just need to remove some low-growing bushes and dig a little. I pay an extra fee each month for insurance that covers the line from my basement to the street, in case of leaks or breaks.

Here are some pics of the line entering the house. If you can see them???

Last edited by kaspiahn; 10-08-2009 at 06:01 PM. Reason: update

Sorry about the misunderstanding. I read the wrong post.
    I my area the shutoff valve is between the meter and the main line. I agree that the regulator is definately malfunctioning. The pressure on the outlet side should remain constant as long as the input pressure is higher than the setting for the output.

Today I bought a new pressure regulator and a ball valve. I'll post the results.

BTW: Is it me, or can you see the pictures in the posts. All I see are boxes with a red "X". Other forums have the pictures, so I know it's not my Internet Explorer settings.

I finished replacing the valve and pressure regulator. And the pressure is at a steady 50 psi. Thx to all that replied and convinced me to go with this repair.

The old setup.

The new setup.

Holding steady.
    http://picasaweb.google.com/dcrawfor...89202932614706

Glad you got it fixed.

I don't know why your pictures don't show up. I can right click on the red X go to Properties and copy and Paste the address and see them fine.
    Jack
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb

Quote Originally Posted by JLMCDANIEL View Post
    Glad you got it fixed.

I don't know why your pictures don't show up. I can right click on the red X go to Properties and copy and Paste the address and see them fine.
    Jack
    Hmm. Strange, I'll have to look into that. But now I've got to fix the squealing pipes I created with this fix. When I run my water dispensor from the fridge. I'll look elsewhere in the forum. Thx again to all.