Let me first say this issue has to do with heat build up between a full view glass storm door and a fiberglass entry door. House faces south and receives direct sun light. For years, I have had a full glass anderson storm door (3000 series) and a steel entry door. The house receives direct sunlight and heat was trapped between the two doors, but it never seemed to cause any damage. Well, I just got a new Pella fiberglass entry door installed and they reinstalled the anderson storm door. The heat build up is so bad you cannot even touch the entry door. I removed the glass panel from the storm door and put in the full screen for now. My wife and I really hate leaving the screen in all the time for obvious reasons.

After a lot of searching, I have found a ProVia (396-V) storm door that has a full glass pane, with a 12 inch screen vent on the bottom. This door is expensive, and I do not know if the vent at the bottom will allow enough heat to escape to solve the problem. Other have told me to get a piece of low e glass made to replace the glass in the Anderson door, but I am not sure if that will work either. Any thoughts or experience with this?