+ Reply to Thread

Default Home Architecture`

Any ideas on what style house this is? I was thinking Dutch Colonial, but don't they have the door in the middle of the house and have dormers?

This was built by a carpenter in 1909 in western PA. It has 3 bedrooms and full bath on second floor. First floor is kitchen, Family room and dining room.

Thanks!

Last edited by Zeff; 10-06-2009 at 01:59 PM. Reason: Added more details

Default Re: Home Architecture`

I would agree that it most closely matches Dutch Colonial. Just a builder's interpretation of the style!
    Proud to be suburban free.

Thanks! We love the house and are going to slowly try and restore the house to period.

I just finished watching an episode of This Old House and they were showing Dutch Colonial houses. Apparently, the dormers were not true Dutch Colonial, they are an English influence addition to the true Dutch Colonial style. Looks to me like this is a *true* Dutch Colonial style house.

http://static.flickr.com/3199/3085043871_08b8e81c6c.jpg This is a picture of a "true" Dutch Colonial roof line.
    The Gabriele roof and porch posts are an English influence but still refered to as Dutch Colonial. My guess would be that your home would more properly be called Dutch Revival.
    Jack
    Last edited by JLMCDANIEL; 11-07-2009 at 04:40 PM.
    Be sure you live your life, because you are a long time dead.-Scottish Proverb