+ Reply to Thread

Default Bedroom Wall Unit

I have a 17ft. wall in my bedroom where I would like to build a wall unit. In the center I'd like an electric fireplace with space above for a TV, side units would have shelves above and doors and drawers below. Any suggestions for plans or photos of something like this?

Default Re: Bedroom Wall Unit

Google for images of furniture and/or go to local furniture shops for ideas and styles. I've incorporated elements of multiple pieces together on different projects so that they suit the needs of the client, yet blend in with furniture they already have. For instance, this nightstand has a crown element from a chest of drawers, fluted face frame from a bookshelf unit, and baseboard elements from both. While it doesn't match either of the sample units exactly, there's enough similarity that it blends into the environment unnoticed.

Something else to keep in mind when building furniture is the "****en means", "****en rectangle" or "****en ratio" which is a proportional ratio that will give you good aesthetics to the size of the unit you're building. Wikipedia has a good explanation here
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Front resized.jpg 
Views:	199 
Size:	9.9 KB 
ID:	243  
    Last edited by A. Spruce; 10-03-2007 at 02:46 PM.